Saturday, May 7, 2016

Clean your make up brushes!

Clean your make up brushes!

So I have to admit, I've always been more focused on skin care then make up. Then I had laser vision correction surgery, and all of a sudden I can see what I look like without my glasses.

And suddenly I understood why people wear  makeup every day!

So this morning I was reminded of how important it is to clean your make up brushes, when my foundation brush all the sudden started leaving little bits all over my face.  At first I thought it was my CC cream, but then realized after taking it off and reapplying, it was the brush. 😡  
Thank goodness, because I love my Avon CC cream !

I'd like to remind everyone how important it is to clean your  makeup brushes on a weekly basis.

It's super easy. All you have to do is:
1. Wet your brushes, try to avoid the base where the bristles meet the handle as much as possible.
2. Lather them up in your hand with a little bit of hand soap, baby shampoo  or brush cleaner
3. Rinse them off with warm water (repeat steps 2 and 3) until they come clean
4. Squeeze out the excess water  between your thumb and pointer finger
5. Reshape them and then dry them with a paper towel.
6. Lay them flat to dry for at least 8 hours.

Make sure you clean your brushes after you have done your make up in the morning, as you should really give them eight hours to fully dry.    They should dry flat, and when you're washing them as well as drying them, try to avoid getting water in the base of the brush where it meets the handle. I realize this is difficult on tiny brushes.

Plan on doing this at least weekly, and your brushes, and you, will have a very happy relationship!

Avon has great brushes at a great price.  Check them out!
Avon Pro Foundation Brush
Avon Pro Eye Liner Brush
Avon Pro Blush Brush
Avon Pro Bronzer Brush
Avon Pro Brow Brush
Avon Pro Kabuki Brush
and many more...

No comments:

Post a Comment