Thursday, April 21, 2016

Facial hair 😟

Today I am talking about facial hair. Not a nicely trimmed beard on your guy, but the unsightly hair on a woman's face. It's not something we really talk about, but most of us deal with it on a regular basis.

Some girls are just hairy. I know there are teen girls that already has to deal with facial hair!  But I think most of us have this problem as we age.  I started dealing with it when I turned 40-ish.

I have waxed, and it works well, is easy, but painful and expensive. At least $15 per wax.  Plus I had to carve time out of my day. No small feat.
I then picked up one of those woman's face shavers. It worked, but was tough to get it really close without scraping my skin.

So then for only $2.99 (regularly $6) I tried Avon's Skin-so-soft Fresh & Smooth facial hair remover cream.
I was nervous because I have somewhat sensitive skin (there is a sensitive skin version but I wanted to try this first) and I remember using Nairobi years ago and the horrible smell. Well at least this didn't smell bad. So I continued...

I put it a little thick on my upper lip (half - I was testing it) and waited about 3 minutes. Wiped it off and viola, hair was gone. It tingled while it was on and my lip felt strange after it was taken off too. But it worked perfectly!  I did put a cotton ball soaked with milk on my lip and after that my lip stopped feeling tingly/strange. That works for waxing too if you decide to do that.

So my rating would be
💄💄💄💄💄/5

No comments:

Post a Comment